Detoxify Your Body.
Balance Your pH.
Cleanse Your System.
If you are in tune to the health & wellness industry, you know these are hot topics right now. But what does it all mean? Why is it important? How does it affect weight loss? And what’s the best way to “alkalize your body”?
Detoxify, Cleanse, pH Balance & Body Alkalization are all referring to the same things. Basically – to balance your body inside so it can be the healthiest functioning machine possible.
The body’s pH is measured on a scale of 0-14 so obviously to keep our body as balanced as possible we want to hit mid-range at 7. Below 7 is considered ACIDIC & above 7 is considered ALKALINE.
The majority of Americans are ACIDIC because they follow a very acid diet. And this is a problem because disease & health issues thrive in an acidic environment. In addition, many theories believe an acidic body produces more fat around vital organs to protect them against the acids. These acidic toxins can also be the culprit of low energy levels as the body is fatigued from working so hard to fight them off.
So for most people the goal is to ALKALIZE your body. When your body is more alkalized you will fend off disease, flush excess fat from your body to achieve easier weight loss, gain more muscle mass, have glowing skin & achieve your maximum energy level.
So – you’re on board, right? Good! The best way to start alkalizing your body is to change your dietary habits. And don’t go by taste – acidic tasting foods like lemons, grapefruits & tomatoes are actually alkalizing.
Here’s where to start:
1. MORE raw fruits & vegetables – these are the #1 most effective way to alkalize your body. That’s why you see a lot of “juicing cleanses” out there on the market right now. There is nothing wrong with juicing to cleanse – but remember this is not a one-time fix. You need to find ways to incorporate these raw fruits & vegetables on a regular basis.
2. LESS processed food as it is HIGHLY ACIDIC. This is where Americans struggle with so many processed food options at our fingertips. See where you can make some changes to bag lunch or prepare meals at home more often than not.
3. Drink FILTERED WATER throughout the day to ensure you are not drinking toxins while you are trying to flush them out! If you do not have access to filtered water, add lemon to your water which will naturally alkalize the water.
4. Consume GREENS – lettuces, herbs, celery, spinach, broccoli – whatever you can find! Green foods alkalize the best! For more green ideas check out March Nourishing Nibbles “Go Green”.
5. Drink a top quality “Super-Greens” SUPPLEMENT first thing in the morning. This will start your day off in “alkalization mode” which will keep your energy level up, cleanse your system throughout the day & naturally curb your cravings for processed & acidic foods. I use It Works! GREENS because it has an orange flavor that tastes benign & it is absorbed in 8 ounces of water so I can gulp it down very easily.
So now that you understand detoxification, cleansing & pH – please share one positive step you will take this week to alkalize your body!